Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I See Big Snowflakes Falling

Good Morning it's 32 degrees and overcast, no new snow overnight but at 7:55am the sky opened up and looked like rain but quickly turned to Big snowflakes and they are wet and moderately heavy to heavy. This is just what we need to help the poor snowpack out. We have just over 4' at the house gauge but yesterday we built a snow course and the avg depth of the snow 200 yds away was 55" with 3-4 icy crust below the snow, There is no wind and the snow is falling straight down and getting bigger. Get out and enjoy the beautiful mountains and snow. Peace

4 comments:

Snowman23 said...

hey gregg
this is bill one of the guys that dilivered the ice cream and pop off yesterday thought i would send you a big thank you for the tour of trinity sure is a cool place you have there.i have snowmobiled in the lake wenatchee area.for many years.been to the trinity gate several times.but never had the notion to go past the no trespassing sing glad we got to meet you.any time we come your way we will try to emailyou in ad vance to se if you need any thing brought up.
got to go be safe bill

Gregg said...

Bill, I really appreciated the Choc ice cream & Cokes you delivered yesterday and enjoyed showing you around. There aren't many places like this anymore. Let me know anytime you want to come up I'm usually always here. Thanks again Peace

Anonymous said...

Hi Gregg,

I just found this site around January this year. It's been great getting the snow updates. Our family has had a cabin in Chiwawa River Pines since the late 70's. All these years of riding over there I have never seen the dam so it was great seeing the pics you have been posting. I have been watching the snow reports and hoping for some good snow so that we could make a trip out your way. I would love to show my daughter the sites around Trinity. Keep up the good work.

Ron

Gregg said...

Thanks Ron I appreciate it and am glad you like these updates. Well we have gotten almost 10" so far this week so whether or not it is groomed the extra snow will be a nice cushion for riding so if you are up this way give me a shout and come visit I'll show you around. Peace